One of the most interesting things about raising my little miracle baby in Australia is that we’re exposed to all kinds of different children’s literature. They literally have different books over here, most of which prominently feature the delightfully fascinating and cuddly animals native to this wonderful land.
These books are just screaming to be ranked and – as we proved with our brave posts on the 17 best children’s books of all time and the best Christmas books for kids – we here at Daddy’s Little Miracle have the courage to do it. So we read every single children’s book in the country dating back to the 1300’s and came up with the 11 best.
Here they are:
1. The Complete Adventures of Blinky Bill
2. Plato the Platypus Joins the Circus
3. Magpie Thatcher Rules The Roost
4. The Magic Pudding
5. Hunty the Huntsman Spider Loves His Beetroot
6. Kangaroo Kenny Fights the Mining Tax
7. Fred the Flying Fox Faces Facts (He’s A Bat)
8. The Muddle-headed Wombat in the Treetops
9. Bazza the Barramundi’s Last Swim Home (to Die?)
10. Doctor Dingo Wishes He Had Better News, But… Tasmo the Tasmanian Devil Has… Well, He Has Face Cancer
11. A Snugglepot and Cuddlepie Christmas
What do you guys think? What are your favourite Australian children’s books?